Monday, April 23, 2012

First Impression: Tsuritama (つり球)

11 episodes (planned) | 2012 | PG?



Hello there! I just wanted to say that I am so super excited about this anime! I had never heard of it until today and I decided to watch it after reading a rave review. I am so glad I did! I am only disappointed that it has just begun airing because there are only two episodes.

This show has a bit of a weird plot (then again, what anime doesn't?). It's about fishing to save the world. The characters are a socially awkward orange-head, an alien, a quiet fishing pro, and an indian dude with a duck named Tapioca. Interesting, right?

I can tell this show is going to be good (for me, at least) because 1) there is a character named Yuki (I love Yukies), 2) the colors are amazingly brilliant, and 3) it has a great friendship story in the making. It makes me happy to just watch it because of the bright and happy animation. The sky is a cartoony blue that somehow works with all the pastels of Haru and the orange hair of Yuki. I am really excited to see where their friendship goes and what the alien stuff is all about and how the fishing motif ties everything together.

However, I know it is also going to be a bit sad because there are serious moments like a coughing grandma and a new mommy (I am trying desperately not to give too much information...).

Anyways, I know that I am going to diligently follow this anime and I hope that it meets my expectations because I have a feeling that it is going to one of my favorites. I kind of want to compare it to Princess Jellyfish, only with guys instead of female otakus.

Always dedicated!
Otaku R

P.S. Want to check out the official Otaku J twitter account? Visit it HERE! :D (Excuse my amateur tweets, I'm kind of new at this and don't quite understand hashtags and all that jazz.

0 comments:

Post a Comment