Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Impression: Mysterious Girlfriend X (謎の彼女X Nazo no Kanojo X)

12 epsisodes | 2012 | PG-13

Hello! As I have said before, I absolutely love the Mysterious Girlfriend X manga. Today, I finally got around to checking out the first episode of the anime adaptation of it, so I will talk about that  a little bit.



(Sorry - I couldn't find it translated!)

The first thing I noticed that I loved, is that they kept all of the drawings and the colors the same. The original author, Riichi Ueshiba, drew in a very unique and retro way, with lots of marker lines and round shapes. I loved that because it was so different, and so I am really glad they kept it that way.

In fact, as far as I can tell (and remember) they have followed the manga almost exactly so far. It is really neat to see these characters come to life. But maybe not so neat to hear all that drool squishing around... I have to keep turning off my speakers whenever she gathers drool because it just grosses me out so much.

One thing I have to say though is that the voice actor who plays Urabe doesn't really fit the character well. I mean, her voice fits I suppose, but she uses too much expression in my opinion. When I was reading the manga, Uraba always gave me the impression of a nonchalant, expressionless, monotone girl - not in a bad way, that was just how she was - but in the anime, she sounds so happy and nice and excited! Definitely not what I was expecting.

Anyways, I am off to watch the second episode now and I am definitely excited to see if they stick to the manga in the future.

One again, many thanks!
Otaku R

0 comments:

Post a Comment