Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wonderful Discoveries!

Hello there! I just stumbled across an awesome manga series yesterday and I just had to post about it!



It is called Mysterious Girlfriend X (or 謎の彼女X in Japanese). It has the strangest plot: Akira Tsubaki (17) and Mikoto Urabe (17) are joined together by a "bond of drool". What??? This happens because one day, Tsubaki tastes Urabe's drool after she has fallen asleep at school. He then develops a terrible cold that wont go away. Urabe shows up at his house and makes him taste her drool. He is automatically cured. Now, every day they must meet so that Tsubaki can have some of this drool, in order to not be sick. He starts liking her and asks her to be his girlfriend. 


Sounds like the weirdest and stupidest thing ever, right? Well, this manga is definitely unique. The art is very different (especially in the very beginning). Everything looks hand drawn and even the style is unique. I've never seen any art like it before. 


Anyways, I am not going to go into it too much because I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but if someone is looking for a fresh series to read, please check it out! I love it! I can't wait for the anime of it to come out in April! Ahhhh!!


You can find the scanlation here.


Please check it out and tell me what you think! I don't think everyone will like it as much as I did, but I certainly was glad I found it. 


Sincerely dedicated, 
Otaku R


(And okay, I will admit. It is a slightly ecchi manga. But innocently so! 7 volumes in and they haven't even kissed yet! Trust me, it's not that bad.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment