Monday, December 26, 2011

Oldies/Black Butler

Manga Vol. 1 Jap. Cover
Hey so I used to run a blog called Anime Obsessed where I had planned to write fan fictions of my favorite animes. Unfortunately, that never worked out (because I soon learned that I suck at coming up with my own material, haha) and the blog turned into more of me talking about my sad obsession with anime. Actually, that makes sense, doesn't it? Anyways, a while ago I wrote a post on there about how I felt after I finished watching the anime Black Butler. I loved that anime so much and I was so very sad that it was over now. So, I thought I would share that post over here because I kind of liked it. It's an old one, so I am sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. Well, here we go!

"Black Butler



I just finished watching Black Butler. For some reason, I promised myself that I would never watch it. So many people talked about how great it was and it's just not my style. Usually. And now that I've finished watching it, I don't know whether I should have stuck to that promise or not. I'm in that despair stage that occurs right after you have finished a good anime and you know that they are not going to make any more seasons. You just cannot believe it ended and you want it to continue on forever. You're beloved characters that you have learned to care about and feel for and cheer for... I hate that they will never be there again. I always want the last episode to continue forever. To just go on for hours and hours and hours. I'd never get tired of it.

But now that I have watched it, I must say that Black Butler really is a special anime. The stories are deep and the characters are people you want to get close to. I have to admit that there are still tears on my cheeks from the last episode.

*spoilers* 

I hate that Ciel turned into a demon. I hate it. Deep down, I think that he and Sebastian were the best of friends (in a very unique way) and that Sebastian eating his soul was just something that absolutely had to happen no matter what. It was a promise. And to end the series with Sebastian stuck as Ciel's butler forever is just... just... so angering! Sebastian worked so hard for Ciel for so long and he never even utters a thanks. I think it would have been better to end it with Ciel just telling Sebastian that he wanted him to stay by his side forever. Ugh and it is all because of that stupidstupidstupid bakabakabaka Alois! I mean grrr! I absolutely hate him! How anybody could ever want to cosplay him is beyond me. He ruined the entire story, that snotty little brat. 

*end*

But I guess I am just frustrated that I have nothing to look forward to anymore. As silly as this always seems, watching anime is what I look forward to every day. It gets me through school and makes me feel happy. I know that I can always escape in someone else's story. And I am almost done with all of the amazing animes out there. I am left with the mediocre ones that are only there for a laugh.

If someone is looking for a list of my personal "amazing animes" here it is:

Black Butler
Clannad
Fruits Basket
Nana

I'd say those are the only ones that have ever made me cry while watching them, and I know I have watched more awesome ones, but those are the only ones that really stick out as emotional ones. On a more funny perspective (and some of my remaining favorites) here is a list of ones I also recommend:

InuYasha
Ranma 1/2
Princess Tutu
Angel Beats
Any Studio Ghibli film
Ouran High School Host Club
Kodomo no Odocha

Thank you for your time."

At the end, the post kind of turned into a "My Favorite Anime"  section, but overall I hope I got accross how much I liked that anime. Now, I am not going to write a review over Black Butler because it is no longer fresh in my mind. However, I do recommend this show to anyone. Even those people who wouldn't say this was their style. I didn't think it was and I ended up falling in love with it. It really is amazing!

Best wishes and thanks for reading!
Otaku R

0 comments:

Post a Comment