Sunday, December 11, 2011

こんにちは! (Kon'nichiwa!) Hello!

Hello and welcome to my first post on my blog, Otaku J.


First off I would like to introduce myself. On this blog, I will refer to myself as "Otaku R" simply for privacy's sake. I am an avid fan of manga, anime, and anything to do with Japanese culture. Also, my favorite color is green and I love fruit. I wish to share some of my knowledge and opinions with you all out here in the internet world and I hope my readers will interact with me. My goal for this blog is to be a valuable resource for anyone who has an interest in manga, anime, and Japanese. I will post reviews of anime and manga after I have watched/read them and also impressions of them while I am currently involved.

Also, I know that when I was first getting into these things, I wished someone would tell me what things like "sempai" and "kawaii" and everything else meant, so I will try my best to explain everything thoroughly as I go along. My hope is that this will be a blog that is accessible to all levels of otaku out there.


Next, about the name.


Well, "otaku" (according to wikipedia) is a term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, or video games. I think that's me. Maybe not the video games part though. Anyways, the "J" comes from that added obsession with Japanese culture. I hope to one day (hopefully this summer!) be able to go to Japan an experience everything firsthand. Needless to say, I love everything Japanese. 


I hope you will take the time to go through this blog and leave comments to help me improve. I am always open to constructive criticism! Please enjoy your time here. 


Your loyal webmaster, 
Otaku R.

0 comments:

Post a Comment