Tuesday, January 3, 2012

ぷっちょ: Puccho (Peach)

So, to the best of my Japanese translating abilities, (which may be quite off - disclaimer!) I have decided that this package says "Sour Peach Soda Candy". It makes the most sense I've found.

Today I tried this candy out over my lunch break. I didn't think much of reading the package and just popped one of the little whitish/tan rectangles into my mouth and started chewing.

Boy, was I surprised. First, there was a kind of powdery, sour sensation and then I was kind of chewing on little gummy ball things (I know, I'm so eloquent). After those went away, I was left with a deliciously peachy tasting gum-like candy. It was really good!

After I got over the initial shock  of this extremely strange candy, I went back and read the package a little bit. On the side of it (as you can kind of see in the picture above) there is a little diagram with bubbles pointing to the different little flavor parts in this candy. From what I read, I think there are little chewy orange balls (the little gummy balls) and a kind of soda powder. It has the consistency basically of that of a mixture of gum and taffy. Really chew, but okay to swallow.

Overall, I would have to say this candy is really weird - I have never tried anything like it before - but it is also really good! It was a good way to occupy my mouth while I was at school. I just wish I had more than one package because these little suckers (all 10 of them) are going to go fast.


If you're ever in Japan, I highly suggest you pick up some Puccho. They are such a fun and unique candy! (At least, I think they are. Is there a candy like this in America that I am missing out on?)

I think I might grab one now...nom nom nom.
Otaku R <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment