Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Candy キャンデイー Kyandi (from Japan!)

I can't believe that I forgot to mention this the other day!

So, on December 31, 2011, I received a package from my pen pal in Japan (she is so awesome! I could not have asked for a better pen pal). She sent me a bunch of stuff (like a lot a lot) like candy and a magazine and a little book and a charm. And oodles of candy. Did I mention the candy?

Anyways, since this is such an extremely rare - and awesome! - opportunity, I thought I would share a little bit with you by going through each thing she sent me one by one each day. Like, maybe one day I could talk about the candies, like how they taste and what they look like and how cool they are (because they are really cool! So different from American candy, in my opinion). Or like the little book, what it says and the history on it.

Oh! One thing I noticed about everything she sent me... there is a lot of Hello Kitty. Out of the about 20 items she sent me, I'd have to say about half of them are Hello Kitty realated. I didn't know how big of a thing Hello Kitty was in Japan, but it is everywhere!


So what do you guys think of that? Would you like to know a little bit  more about the little trinkets (and candy!) she sent me? Let me know!

Thanks for sticking with me!
Otaku R

0 comments:

Post a Comment